AGE / GENDER/ NATIONALITY:
59 / Male / Malaysian
DATE OF APPOINTMENT:
9 December 2011
BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS:
DIRECTORSHIP IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES AND LISTED ISSUERS:
- Director, Sapura Resources Berhad
- Chairman, Malaysian National Applied Research and Development Centre (MIMOS Berhad)
EXPERIENCE/ACHIEVEMENT AND OCCUPATION:
- Presently the President and Group Chief Executive Officer of Sapura Energy and President and Group Executive Officer of Sapura Group.
- Chairman of SapuraOMV Upstream.
- Member of International Advisory Council of the Singapore Management University (SMU), Member of Asian Executive Board of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan, Board of Governors of Asia School of Business, Board of Trustee of the UTM Endowment Fund, Chairman of the Malaysia-Brazil Business Council, and Board member of the Perdana Leadership Foundation.
- Served as a Director of SapuraCrest Petroleum (2003 – January 2020).
- Recipient of the Legion d’Honneur by the Republic of France (2007).
- Named Malaysia’s Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young (E&Y) (2009).
- Conferred an Honorary Doctorate in Technology Management by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (2013).
- Conferred the rank of Honorary Brigadier General of the Territorial Army (2014) by the Malaysian Armed Forces.
- Winner of the Oil & Gas Year Malaysia’s “Man of the Year Award” (2014).
- Honoured with the Order of Rio Branco by government of Brazil (2019).
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Science in Management of Technology, MIT Sloan School of Management, United States of America.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology, California Polytechnic State University, United States of America.