AGE / GENDER/ NATIONALITY:
52 / Male / Malaysian
DATE OF APPOINTMENT:
01 October 2020
DIRECTORSHIP IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES AND LISTED ISSUERS:
EXPERIENCE/ACHIEVEMENT AND OCCUPATION:
- Datuk Mohd Anuar Taib joined the oil and gas industry in 1990 after completing his B.Sc. Engineering from United States, with the Royal Dutch Shell subsidiary in Malaysia, Sarawak Shell Berhad.
- At Shell, he had a well-rounded experience with accountabilities in technical, finance, supply chain and procurement, commercial and leadership roles in exploration and production, LNG and gas-to-liquid, refining and retail business, in Malaysia, the US and the Asia-Pacific region; culminating to the position of Chairman of Shell Companies in Malaysia in 2010.
- Datuk Mohd Anuar then joined PETRONAS as the Vice President of Development and Production, PETRONAS and Chief Executive Officer of PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd where he was instrumental in the improvement in the delivery of capital projects, reduction in operating costs and the set-up of the successful low-cost and marginal field subsidiary Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd.
- In addition to many internal PETRONAS and shell boards, Datuk Anuar served as Non-Executive Chairman of public listed companies namely, the PETRONAS Gas Berhad from 2016 to 2019 and the Shell Refining Company (FOM) Berhad from 2010 to 2012.
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- MBA, International Management, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- BSc, Engineering (Mechanical), Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio