AGE / GENDER/ NATIONALITY:
61 / Male / Malaysian
DATE OF APPOINTMENT:
23 September 2016
BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Board Nomination and Remuneration Committee
DIRECTORSHIP IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES AND LISTED ISSUERS:
EXPERIENCE/ACHIEVEMENT AND OCCUPATION:
- Was a Director of NCB Holdings Berhad (2015-2016).
- Served as the Group Chief Operating Officer of MNRB Holdings Berhad (“MNRB”) (2011-2014).
- Joined MNRB Retakaful as Deputy Chief Executive Officer/Executive Vice President (2010-2011).
- Sat on the Board of the Malaysian Insurance Institute and Malaysian Life Reinsurance Group Berhad (2006-2007).
- Held the position of the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director of Malaysian Assurance Alliance Berhad (“MAA”) (now known as Zurich Insurance Malaysia) (2002-2007).
- Held various key positions in MAA (1985-2002).
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Arts in Actuarial Science, Ball State University, Indiana, United States of America.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Mathematics, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Qualified Risk Director Program, Institute of Enterprise Risk Practitioners (IERP).
- Global Leadership Development Program, International Centre for Leadership in Finance (IClif).